Monday, August 11, 2008

Love the City you Live in

IMG_2373

Love Me is a familiar tag in the Fairfax and Miracle Mile districts of Los Angeles. I saw the above on the back windows of Kenny's Barber Shop at 7914 Beverly Blvd, near Fairfax. I talked to Kenny and his wife for a while after I took the photo.
Kenny: "Do you like it?"
Me: "Well, yeah, I do. I like the romantic script and I like the message."
Kenny: "Every day they come with their badges and their stickers. My barber pole, in front, I can't keep clean. Pretty soon, the owner will repaint the whole building, but in two-three days, the kids will come back."

This is the front entrance of the auto body shop at on 3rd St and Detroit. The dumpster in the alley has been hit twice, in two different styles. The photos appear cut off, click to view the full image on Flickr.

IMG_2378

No comments: